Skritter Android 336
The setting for Auto Advance Speed allows for two options to be ticked, without any explanation of what that does. It would be nice if the fastest of the two were for correct cards and the slower one for wrong cards - but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
What did I overlook?
Other random remarks:
- Help files say I should go to Learn mode to add words. But in-app I don’t see any link/reference to Learn mode. Wish I could add words (1/5/10/20) straight from the Due cards
- I second other members saying it doesn’t make much/any sense to place cards due because they were answered wrong at the beginning of a new session. User either has to restart session manually multiple times, or just keep forgetting the new items. A bit pointless either way.
- Information on the homescreen isn’t the most pertinent I think. I would rather have it show the number of cards due, and a direct link to study due cards instead of requiring an extra click every time.
- Why does the (gimmick) Time Attack keep flashing yellow?
Gripes aside, Beta looks a lot better than it did a year ago. To the point that having to redownload the old version might be the greater evil.
- App has become a lot more power hungry, I estimate by a factor 5 to 10. Consumption level is given as 47%, even more than the screen. Going from never even coming close to having to recharge during the day, to having to recharge probably more than one per day. On a tablet that is used solely for Skritter. That would definitely be a reason to switch back to non-beta. Can the user do anything to make it behave better?
- Have had to do the same ~100 reviews 3 times in a row (in the same order too). Hope that was a switch-over pain that won’t recur
- Going into any Recent Deck huge or tiny brings me Settings with a checkmark, and an endless spinning wheel next to Words. No idea what it’s doing and when it will stop. Same behaviour when accessed through the Decks tab. This also means I cannot add new words?
- Recent Decks is so outsized with text and huge images that it fits only 2 of them in view, and only 6 on the main screen. Compare with a not-so-old web interface where it showed one deck per two lines, including relevant information on list status, total size and percentage studied.
- Progress tab is all empty (Characters Learned: 0, Words Learned: 0, Total Reviews: 0 Time Spent: 0. All time and Today. The only information present is an activity feed has all somewhat relevant information hidden behind a drop-down
- No new cards are becoming due, while there would normally be around 10-15 per hour. Not sure if this a bug or if SRS has gone out of fashion.
- Battery drain even worse than previously mentioned: Skritter is draining the battery almost as fast as I can charge it when it is only running in the background.
I will stop these edits. The app updated to beta by accident, and the experiment failed. Now I pray I can still switch back without having to do hundreds of reviews for the 4th or 5th time.