Introducing new words

New words are not always introduced in the order of writing, definition, pinyin, tone. Sometimes definition or pinyin is asked before the word has ever been seen and so of course the answer will be wrong. I’d say tone could appear after writing or definition equally well but writing should always come first.

1 Like

I’m guessing you have “teaching mode” off? For me the first occurrence of everything (writing, definition, pinyin, tone) doesn’t grade me. I’m just shown the answer. Only from the second occurrence onward, I have to give the answer myself and am asked to grade myself. Edit: Okay, just started reviewing and this appears to be false. I guess I just felt like the first try doesn’t really count because there is a big fat “new” above the word.

I have filtered writing out on the web client, so it would be pretty bad for me if writing where forced to come first. (Lots of words added in background on the webclient through autoadding, but I wont see them until I learn with the app on my smartphone. It actually was like this a while back, where I had to turn autoadding off because of exactly this.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.