Issues with due count and banned words

Hello! There are two issues with the current 2.0 beta that are causing a bit of an annoyance.

The first has to do with items due. The amount of reviews I have to do is way higher than the number stated to be due. This was been annoying for a while, but now is even more obvious because of the recently released “goals”.

As an example, this morning I had about 215 reviews due. I still currently have 115 more to do. However, I have done 618 reviews today to get it down this much. This is an absurd difference.

The difference pops up after you close the current study session. Essentially, I could be at 100 reviews still to do, go back to the main menu, and my reviews due will pop up to some random number much higher, like 180.

The second point is a ui layout issue. If I click on the information button in the top right, it opens the information tab. However, the “ban” button is exactly where the information button was, and I occasionally accidentally press the ban button on a word. To make this more annoying, you can not “unban” a word to undo this; you have to instead exit the study session, go to words, banned, and manually unban it. Simply moving this button would be a very good move.

Thanks!

It could be that the extra reviews coincidentally were scheduled, and popped up after you had cleared some of your queue. (The items are grabbed in batches, so jumping up like that could be the new batch of review data coming in). If you had marked some of the items as wrong during your review clearing session, those items could make it back into the queue quickly as well. However, you did mention you had about 215 due, cleared 100, but then it jumped up to 618, so for instance even if you had marked all 100 items as incorrect, the queue still added an additional 300 items past that. If you study a lot in one day (more than 300 items for instance), that could be 300 items that were scheduled from previously studying, and did coincidentally show up when you checked on the new queue value.

There’s an open issue for this, and you make an excellent point!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.