New words don't get added anymore

Hi,

since around 2 days now new words don’t get added anymore. The Japanese Skritter app tells me that a new word was added, but new words are not getting displayed while studying. Manually adding words also does not work. At the beginning of this week it was working perfectly.

I’m using the Skritter App version 2.7.5 on an iPhone 8.

Kind regards,
TR

There’s an update available for the iOS app, would you be able to let us know if you’re still running into any issues after updating? Also, I sent you a DM! :slight_smile:

Hi Jeremy,

I installed the update, but new words still don‘t get added correctly . I always get the info that a new word has been added, but these new words are not getting considered. They never show up when training.

Kind regards
TR

I’ve checked your account on the web version which went to Chinese and was confused at first because I couldn’t see any study history, however I see you have an active Japanese account (which I should have immediately realized because of your name). I’m wondering if you might have been running into the issue because your account was set to Chinese on the website. It’s switched to Japanese now-- would you be able to let me know if you’re still running into this?

Hi Jeremy,
I just uninstalled and re-installed the app and tested again. Unfortunately, it’s still the same behaviour. I get the info that a new word has been added while studying, but new words don’t get tested. When checking the list I’m currently studying (JLPT N3) I can even see that when it says “new word added” then the next word in the list gets marked as added.
Kind regards,
TR

Hmm, would you be willing to try the beta version of the app?

Link to install Japanese beta:

Hi Jeremy,

now it is working again. Thanks for the support.

Kind regards,
TR

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.