Outstanding issues in 2.3.5

After using it for a while here is what I have so far. The top ones are the most troublesome.

Device: Android LG V20

1. Start studying and draw characters with raw squigs. Click menu to return to dashboard. Start studying again. Result: Drawing performance and animations are extremely bad. Can barely keep up with the strokes. Exit app by swiping it away in the task switcher; start it again and the performance is normal.

2. I still feel it is difficult to start a stroke over the spot on the left side, where the invisible left arrow is.

3. Dashboard goal is wrong when set to time based. Set goal mode to Time based, set goal to 90 minutes. After studying for 66 minutes, the dashboard goal will say “6/90”. After studying for 128 minutes, the dashboard goal will say “8/90”.

Suggestions for improvements:
4. Please show radical breakdown for words in the information panel. For single characters, the information button shows the radicals and their meanings. However, for a word, the information button only shows the meanings of the characters. As most of my items are words, I constantly have to switch to pleco to get the radical breakdown and aid memory. It would be ok if all the radicals where just down in a single list for multi-character words.

1. Better list progress information. Exclude already-learned characters in percentage display. When viewing a list, mark the already learned characters like in Skritter legacy.

2. Better visualization in “My words” list. It just seems to list 20 random words. It’s not clear what order they are in or why these ones were shown. Why is this even here? What if you removed it?
    I don’t know why I would ever use this in this form. What are people looking for when they use this? Off the top of my head, I would suggest breaking down the list into levels – either show new words, learning words, or learned words. But I suggest you figure out what purpose this whole screen has. Maybe I can use this to quickly find the words that need extra review?

3 Likes

In addition, it is still repeating the 2-3 prompts before each time it contacts the server to get more. This occurs whether I get them right the first time or not.

I have raw squigs disabled, and when I switch apps aways from skritter and come back again afterwards, with skritter still being in memory, drawing performance and animations are very bad too. This didn’t happen on earlier versions. Force closing and opening the app again works for me too though.
Android 7.1.2 (Lineage OS).

1 Like

We’ve spotted the issue an are working on a fix!

There were plans to relocate the canvas navigation areas to a permanently visible spot not overlapping the canvas, however it hasn’t made it in just yet.

We’re looking into this, thanks for the heads up!

In upcoming updates there will be a way to drill down further from word level into radicals/components for single characters

This has been long planned and is on the way!

This should be showing you words that you’ve just studied, in that order. You can also look up words on My Words by searching for them, to pull up the detailed information screen for the word. You could also search for words you haven’t added yet to view detailed information that way as well. This could use some more organization features though!

I’ve used this page in the past to have someone else quiz me on words I just had studied on Skritter, after I get done with a study session.

This is also under investigation

We’ve spotted this as a trigger and are working on a fix!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.