Skritter: Write Chinese Beta Released!

VI don’t see a big green button. I only see an option to study when I go through all 884 cards in Test mode but when I choose “Study next section” the screen goes blank for a while and then says section completed, and so on for all sections. This sounds complicated so I’ll make some screenshots tomorrow. My username is hansw1204.
EDIT: There is a green button on the home screen but that doesn’t allow me to just study the one Deck. It wants me to review all my >15K cards.

I think I got it now. I can go into individual sections and press “Learn”. However, it looks like since I have already “Tested” all sections they all show 100% Completed and I can only “Test” again. That’s cool and I’ll see if I can study the next section (10) when it comes up before I go into Test mode. So after all this, my question is:
Is there manual that describes all the functions/options/settings and how they are supposed to be used?
Many thanks for all the help!

This is in the works!

So I noticed that there’s a reveal pinyin available for the tone cards, yay! When will the hide reading be available on the writing cards? That’s the format it’s the most useful on.

The functionality will be added in a build later this week.

1 Like

Will we see the new beta today?

1 Like

It’s not quite ready, so it won’t be released just yet-- soon!

Just got a blue screen after sending a feedback message. Btw my account is still not working, because of low performance on my device (load times, amount of review data, …)

Hey, sorry you saw that. I wasn’t able to reproduce what you saw after some quick tests on a few phones I have lying around. Did you see that screen after hitting send, or after clicking the “x” to exit the contact form screen? What device and version of the beta are you on?

I am using an iPhone 6 / iOS 11.3.1 on the latest beta 3.1.5 (300179). After I start using my account the app responds very slowly and sometimes suddenly crashes. It works ok on my gf’s iPhone 7 / iOS 12…

HI,

Can we downgrade skritter on my mobile (Android) to the previous version the time you finish all features and improvements ? If yes how ?

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, click here: Official Release Notes (Current Version: 3.1.5 300179)

1 Like

Are you planning to update to iOS 12? If you do, please let us know if it seems to resolve the problem!

when i go to my decks, i can see only 4 of them. i created 20 decks for 20 levels in this format ‘Domino Chinese Level {level number}- COMPLETE’ and they are not there.

i also published these lists so people in my network who use skritter can find these on your website and other apps but they do not show in the search results. its like your cache needs refreshing or something

@mikelimassol I see them, but you have to flick the switch to “user published” lists. (Well, I guess I don’t see twenty lists)

those are not mine. they were created by other students of domino chinese course. mine have COMPLETE at the end and created by “Domino Chinese”.

But likely to happen this week?

HI,

Two concerns on ANDROID APP

1/ “Review feature” doesn’t add enough words everyday…how can i freely study my 20+ lists (400+ words) altogether without having to wait for review feature ? Exactly as we could on previous version…

2/ On the HOME screen, a few of my lists are displayed. Why are they here ? What is it for ?

Best

It’s just about ready! However we try not to push updates on Friday (since the weekend is coming up and we want to be able to react fast to any issues that might pop up).

We’re working out a method to make this possible, however there’s currently not a way to combine words from your lists without using the Review mode. You can use the Test mode though from a specific list to study the words even if they aren’t due as much as you’d like!

These are the lists you’re actively adding words from!

Hey guys, when is the hide reading for writing cards going to be fixed?