Too easy doesn't work?

i tried using Too Easy on a word (hao3 because it appears in so many other words that I’m doing it all the time) and after that hao3 showed up even more (like every 10th item or so) - maybe something isn’t working quite right with marking a word Too Easy?

does that marking only apply to only the aspect being tested (ex: Pinyin, definition, tone, or character)? if so, i would want it to be applied to every aspect of a character or word (otherwise i wouldn’t mark it too easy)

1 Like

It should only be marking that specific prompt type as too easy and not apply to the entire word and other parts, right! It definitely shouldn’t be cycling like that if you marked it as too easy. As of right now, it was last written 6 hours ago, and is next due in 4 days (for the writing part), the other parts are due in 3 months except for the definition which is due in 3 weeks. If any of those parts pop up again soon please let me know!

yes I’m definitely seeing too easy words pop up more than expected (within a day or two of 30 minute per day study)

Hmm, the next time this happens, would you be able to post the word/character it happened with? I’m wondering what the stats look like for it at that point.

Or possibly better yet, the next time you mark something as “too easy”, would you be able to post that word or character here?

sure - will do - i know some things that i just marked too easy (er4shi2, shi2yi1, san1) so if i see them come up again soon, i’ll let you know - it’s possible that i’ve marked one aspect too easy and i’m getting confused by also marking other aspects too easy

okay, taking er4shi2 as an example here are it’s stats for when the prompts are due:

writing: next due in 2 days (last seen 15 hours ago)
tone: next due in 4 days (last seen 3 days ago)
pinyin: next due in 4 days (last seen 33 hours ago)
definition: next due in 3 weeks (last seen 3 days ago)

the next time you see this word should be in 2 days, so hopefully it doesn’t pop up before then. You could check on the stats on the legacy My Words page at: https://legacy.skritter.com/vocab/mywords, that would be a good method to know when it’s actually scheduled and if it’s popping up before it ought to.

You know I’ve been having massive repetition problems. Just out of curiosity, I checked a couple of terms that keep recurring today despite my having answered them correctly. One was 睡衣, which stats say will occur next in one month, last time an hour ago (I haven’t studied in about an hour). Did another one, tone review for 豐收. Next: in a year. Last: an hour ago (also marked correct at the time). I don’t know if there are differences between user accounts in how this scheduling is processed on the back end, but those are some pretty weird numbers. Why would I be asked to review for a second time today a term I just did correctly an hour ago that isn’t scheduled to appear for another year?

i just saw er4shi2/writing at 0721EST/Dec8 when i was supposed to see it in 2 days
now the word list says i should see it in 5 days

definitely something goofy going on with word delivery on the Android app
the website does seem to work much better when it comes to showing new words vs review words

Got another one, tone review for 信徒. Had this one yesterday, marked it as too easy. Came back today, info says last review was 4 months ago. Think we may have found a major part of the overall problem here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.