Is there a way to ban all the sentences

how do i delete them in ine go?

Deletion will have to be section by section, but doing the project in bulk from the website should be pretty quick. Once you have a new decklist copied go into each section and press the edit button. It’ll bring up controls to delete anything in the section relatively quickly.

Feel free to DM me if you have further questions. I’m also happy to jump on a quick Google Hangout to assist live if you need it!

-Jake

2 Likes

Agree, need to distinguish clearly between 4+ words and sentences. Some I encountered recently are the Chinese words for NASA (美國)國家航空航天局 and ISS 國際空間站. Plus lots of other government and institutional proper nouns.

I’ve been trying to follow this thread but am still not clear on how the new app handles sentence review and sentence creation.

Is it still possible to create sentences for review as easily as in the legacy app, and can one also still limit their review? (For example, limit sentence review to exclude writing.)

You could create sentences as “words” to study them, but there wouldn’t be a way to limit the sentence parts currently

I have decided to put skritter aside for now and go with pleco. i managed to do there what i could not do here, also the writing in not that bad, not as flashy as here, but it does the job. Just by mapping my flashcards with the pleco dictionary it would exclude all the sentences. With pleco i can create multiple tests to read just sentences, tests to review only hsk words from my decks etc. To configure the tests to my liking was not easy, but after a bit of twicking and experimenting i got them were i wanted them.
I will still use skritter for reviewing what i have learned so far, and keep an eye with the new features. If i like what i see i might return one day as a paid customer.
Thanks for your help so far.

2 Likes

Glad you’re finding a study tool to meet your needs! We’ll keep improving the app and pushing updates. We hope to have ya back soon. In the meantime, happy reviewing and happy studies, Mike!

1 Like