Bulk ban writing

Hello there,
After having learnt a lot of characters I wanted to stop adding more writings for now and add only definition and reading of new words, while still keep reviewing the writings that I’ve learnt so far.
I love the option on my words list where I can ban specifically the writing of one character. However, if I select multiple characters and hit “ban from my words” the prompt that’s asking whether I want to ban writing, reading or all of it does not show up. Is there another way to acomplish that or do I really have to click each and every of the remaining hundreds of words manually?

Thanks
v

It sounds like you want to disable writing prompts from your account’s study settings. (Any writing prompts already added will stay, but it will prevent writing prompts for new words from being added).

You can adjust the settings via: https://www.skritter.com/account/settings/study

Also, you can always reenable to option again, and have the lists re-add the writing prompts that were skipped.

Hi Jeremy,
thanks for the quick reply. That’s kinda what I want, yea, but I found that when I disable writing prompts alltogether, I won’t be able to review the writings that I’ve already learnt. At least no writing prompts show up on the iOS app… do you know what I mean? I don’t know how to explain this… I want to review old writings, but don’t want new ones. Is there a comfortable way to accomplish that?
Thanks
v

If you disable the writing option in your account settings, all of the previously added writing prompts will still show up for review, but new writing prompts that haven’t been added yet won’t be added. It might be that you coincidentally didn’t see any writing prompts on the iOS app (if they weren’t due yet). If you notice that no previously added writing prompts show after you disable the writing option in your account, and after a long bit of studying please let me know!

Hi Jeremy,
I am very positive that the behaviour that you’re describing is not happening on my device. I’m on iOS 9.3.4. I went to Settings > Vocab > Parts and turned off “Writing”. The 17 or so items that were due immediately before drop right to 6, when I enable writing all 17 items are due again immediately. I am positive that after a long while of studying I still don’t get asked about any writings. It’s pretty obvious because usually I spend 90% of the time writing with the occasional question about definition. Now it’s just definitions.
I hope you can fix this, since what you describe is exactly what I’d need.
Thanks
v