Hey Skrittizens, this month’s release notes are short but very sweet with a concise list of large and often-requested features and improvements:
- Add Chinese example sentences with audio for HSK 1-3 lists
- Improve review order and spacing to minimize “study loops” and feel better
- Increase auto-add rate on new accounts and accounts with very little to study to decrease overstudying of items when possible
- Fix race condition that caused items fetching spinner on study screen to spin indefinitely
- Persist daily goal settings to the server so they are consistent between logins (and soon devices on the upcoming beta)
Last month we also promised our Japanese users new JLPT 5 sentences with audio. Unfortunately we’re still waiting on some audio recordings of our sentences to finish up some post production so they aren’t live yet, but we will do an update out of the release cycle once we do have them.
We realize the review order still might not be perfect for all accounts, and that’s part of the tweaking and improvement on our formula that we plan to continue going forward. But we felt the improvements we made were enough of a step forward to eliminate many of the frustrations you told us about and that we’d experienced ourselves. From here on out, we have plans on how to tweak related items and how they’re presented, and how to keep items steadily trickling in for those of you with auto-adding on.