Edited: You import the CSV file into a spreadsheet program and then just copy/move/edit the columns you want, and then you bulk paste/import into your other app. Most other flashcard apps support some bulk import mode. Once you’ve imported the original Skritter data into a spreadsheet program, it’s much easier to clean up and format as you need. Then you re-export from the spreadsheet program into the format you need (again, usually a different CSV file) Not an ideal solution, but not as bad as it sounds.
@jinbaili73 I’m not sure I understand the original problem. Skritter does give you a card with just the English definition and then you have to write the Chinese.
I’ve illustrated this with four pics below. The first is the English card, the second is the card with the pronunciation hint revealed, and the third and fourth are the cards with the Chinese character revealed.
This is the basic “write Chinese” card to which you respond to the English definition.
I’m curious, how would the app you’re planning to use be different?
I think he wants to see English and then reveal Mandarin without needing to write it. The cards you are showing can’t be scored correctly until one writes it. He just wants the “reverse” of the Skritter “show Mandarin, reveal English” that is already there now.
He wants the REVERSE of this (without writing), just like a physical flashcard would be:
Thank you for your replies. Yes, Apomixis is correct. Right now I am not choosing to learn to write the characters. I am prioritizing reading, speaking and listening.
I really wish Skritter just offered the reverse of what they have now. An option where we are SHOWN the word or phrase in English to see if we can come up with it in Chinese. I find that I am able to read the characters, I can remember how to say them and I can remember the tones. But then it comes time to use the word and I cannot always go from the English word in my head to the Chinese word out of my mouth.
Hey Skritter!! Can you please add this option? It would be ever so helpful to have all of my reviews in one place instead of having to find another system and enter all of my Skritter words into it.
Other than this…I think Skritter is the most important App I have for studying, I use it everyday.
We’re not opposed! The biggest hurdle is migrating all data to the v3 API so that we can even consider adding new card types to the SRS and scheduling engine. We’re slowly trending that way, but there are lots of moving pieces.