Extrem long time to start Skritter (iOS)

大家好!

I´m using Skritter on an iPhone 8, iOS 14.3, App Version 3.5.4 (300451), and have the following problem.

When starting Skritter to study, it’s getting stucked on the starting screen (Skritter logo on black background) for quite some time. I’m speaking about everything between 10 - 20 Minutes, sometimes it won’t start at all. I tried it using my 4G, different Wi-Fi Networks, with/without VPN, different VPN servers, but the only think that’s helps is restarting my iPhone. And even this only helps in about 40% of attempts.

Mostly, I’ve to find the time every day to stay with my phone to wait until Skritter starts and then study as much as possible while the App is running. Which is in contrast to my usual study technique of doing little study seasons distributed over my whole day.

How to make Skritter to start in a reasonable time?

(I hope it’s not due to my outdated hardware)

Have you tested using a different account and a different device to narrow down the issue? You could use an emulator for example. This sounds like an issue on your end as nobody else has this problem.

Sorry you’re seeing these speed issues. One thing that you can try once you’re in the app is enabling the “Alternative domain” setting from the User Settings screen. Might help get ya past the splash screen a lot faster with or without a VPN.

Feel free to reach out to team@skritter.com so we can try to dig in a bit more with ya.

-Jake

Hi and thanks for the fast answer. I wasn’t aware of this option, but it seems to have solved my problem. The loading time on start-up is now somewhat around 10 - 20 sec., which is a normal time for a phone this outdated.

Problem solved!
Thanks a lot and happy 牛 year!

1 Like

Awesome! So glad you’re up and running.

Happy 牛 Year!

Hello,

unfortunately my problems are back and they are worse. The App just stays in the loading screen forever. Just after trying every combination of VPN on/off, VPN servers, restarting my phone, WIFI/Cellular and a lot of time wasted, I sometimes get the App to actually start. There I regular change the domain, but this seems to have no effect at all. After I got the App to open I´ve to do a hardcore study streak, which is against my study habits, or I need to nurse my phone into not pausing the App in the background.

Are your server located inside mainland china or somewhere else?
Do you have any suggestion how I can use Skritter in a normal way again?

Thanks in advance.

Hi HHidding,

I’m sorry to hear the problem came back-- connections from China can be unpredictable even through a VPN and I’m not sure yet how to resolve the problem.

Would you be able to shoot us an email at team@skritter.com? It’s much better to keep track of the issue since it’s in our inbox and tracked, and not floating around on the forum. If you could include any extra information like what type of device you’re using and OS version that would be appreciated as well.

Hope to help resolve the issue soon.