Feature request: Listening practice

Since there already is audio for many of the words, I thought it would be great if this could be used for some basic tone and listening practice. For instance, instead of showing the character 人 and asking for the tone, it would play the sound “rén”, and then ask for the tone, without showing a character. I believe all characters have sound, but also for the words that does it would be great if this would work. Similarly I think it would also be helpful to practice distinguishing between say Ch and Zh, or X or Q, or other pairs that I believe most learners find somewhat challenging. Picking the right word between near homonyms, like Shànghǎi vs Shānghài would be really helpful.

1 Like

This has been requested from what I’ve seen in the forums and they agree it’s useful but the response is that the lack of context and words with similar meanings makes it very difficult. That said you might be able to cover up the top part of your tablet with a flashcard or something. A little ghetto but it could work.

1 Like