Hacking the most difficult Chinese characters (7-9)

We now have a new blog post about hacking some of the most difficult Chinese characters. When a character fails to stick and you get it wrong over and over, you have to take decisive action. This article focuses on 抑, 貌 and 凌, which are close to the top of the list of characters Skritter users get wrong the most often.

Hacking the most difficult Chinese characters (7-9)

1 Like

Nice post!

Does Skritter have global statistics (hardest characters, etc.)? I’d love to see those, even if it’s just ugly database output! (Interested in Japanese in my case.)

Ditto for Chinese - and another call for bringing back leech detection :stuck_out_tongue:

@djahandarie @Catherine We have run some scripts in the past to try and get some indications of what the harder characters are for users. I know @SkritterOlle has been requesting more data like this as well.

These are definitely things we’d like to start integrating into the new version of Skritter in one way or another going forward. Having more visible access to statistics could be beneficial or just interesting for learners and leech detection will could help Skritter become a better teacher. As the html5 version becomes more complete we can start focuses on new features.

1 Like