I am not sure how SRE works

I switched to Skritter (I was using Anki before) and I have been using the app for about a month now.
But the space repetition and cards frequency is different from Anki.

For example, If learn a character and in the next two or four next days reviews I get it right, I think it should not keep showing that character on future reviews as frequently as new characters. I saw every day all characters, even if I learnt them or not.
I mean, I don’t understand why those cards appears every day for review. It almost impossible to review 200 cards everyday when more of half of those cards I have already know them.

Maybe I have some configuration missing?

1 Like

@274630039
This explains better how the SRS algorithm is set up.

Edit: BTW, are you using the “Due Cards” button on the mobile app? Or are you inadvertently practicing a list, or in continuous mode?

1 Like

I think what @Apomixis said is a reasonable guess at what’s going on. If you’re using “continuous mode”, it will never stop giving you things to review. This means it will give you things that are not due if you keep on using it long enough, including items you have gotten right many times in a row recently. The same can happen on the website.

To avoid this, use the “due cards” review mode by tapping the due count at the top of the screen in the app. This is the recommended study mode anyway and what you’re describing should not happen when you use this mode. If you are using the default review mode already, then something else must be wrong, so if that’s the case, please send an email to team@skritter.com and we’ll help you out!

1 Like