iOS beta feedback from rpetersn

Yup. Those are very helpful. As Josh warned me, we really have to proceed with caution on this stuff. It can cause some big problems. So it is best to avoid impulse and really think about and test the implications of the changes. Right now we’re opting for over-the-top nice to keep the study experience moving and help beginners.

We do intend to get a batch done at some point soon. That’ll help us create a new workflow as well for future batches.

1 Like

T-shirt could be fun. Here is an evening illustration that was inspired by my iOS auto-correct. It’s messy and rough, and I’m unsure if this is actually a squid, but the reference photo was fun regardless and I’m calling this v1 for now because I have to work tomorrow! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, @SkritterJake, that’s impressive! Now we know that you are multi-talented :smile:

I get that typo all the time in my bug reports, as you may have noticed… :joy:

1 Like

Awww shucks. It could be SO much better, but I appreciate the kind remarks! I’m not the only one on the team having a little fun with it. @SkritterMichael care to share? And actually, I’m always impressed with just how multi-talented everyone on the Skritter team is. I think, at the core, we’re all passionate about the things we enjoy doing. Skritter, and character learning (thankfully) being among them!!!

Btw, I totally wanna do a cell-shaded version of this thing with a transparent background. It would make a great, funky shirt, which is totally my style. Haha

1 Like

Fixed in 3.0.14 and we also cleaned up some things with decomps not always displaying on cards. Not everything on the vocab drawer is finished up yet because we’re still targeting loops, but we’ll be working on them.

Apple is Apple, so this will be out at some point tomorrow (I hope)

1 Like

Raw squids need love.

My quick interpretation:

3 Likes

Here’s my stab :smiley:

2 Likes

Now we have learned a bit more about Jeremy’s sense of humor! :laughing:

Geez, is everyone at Skritter an artist???

1 Like

Ha! It certainly feels that way sometimes. Makes design meetings tough… everyone has an opinion! :rofl:

Like I said, a really talented and passionate group of individuals!

We really hope to bring some more of our other interests and passions into the app a little and into the Skritter community. Fiona has been discussing with the team and we’re working on more “favorite character” videos. It would also be fun to do some more 自我介绍 videos. We’re a small team and I think it make sense for the Skritter community to understand a little bit more about all of us :slight_smile:

Fixed in the next beta build.

1 Like

Minor regression in 3.0.15: The answer is no longer colored when you finish a writing card, if raw squigs are on.

Actually, this is deliberate for now. We’re trying to make the raw squigs experience a bit more realistic in the writing department. We’ve reduced the opacity of the model character and turned off grading colors for now. I’m toying with the idea of filling the grading button area with the colors, but we wanted to get some feedback first. I’m honestly wondering if the grading sounds are enough to keep you aware of what’s happening, while still making raw squids :octopus: a bit more of a challenge that really boosts character awareness and execution.

Spend a bit of time studying without the grading colors and let us know how it feels after a few days. We’re certainly not locked in on anything, but I did feel that the colors dominated the raw squigs experience a bit too much and we’re trying to seek some alternative ways of presenting the info.