List of recently added vocabulary

Is there a way to see chronologically when a new word was added or access some sort of list of recently added words - for example, words added in the last week / two weeks / month / two months / etc.?

It’s really frustrating to me that the SRS actually slows down my learning because I can’t customize it as well as I like. I recently have much more limited time to be adding words and because I’m a heritage learner, I run into the problem of adding too large numbers of words, many of which I’m actually pretty familiar with already but some of which are completely new to me. I get that ideally the SRS works best with daily practice and adding small amounts of vocab spread out over time, but that’s just not a realistic option for me between full time work and becoming a new mom with a 7mo old baby.

It would help for me to be able to pull up a list of what words I added at what time, like the history of the “Activity Feed” that shows up under Progress in the app. The problem is that now I do some review outside of Skritter, which means I’d like to be able to pull up certain words that I’ve added and ban them when appropriate - except since it’s hard for me to keep track of what words got added. I’d also like to practice recent words that I’ve added by themselves in a separate list for a while because I feel like the SRS algorithm works better if you aren’t starting from scratch. But again, there’s no way to easily generate a separate list of something like “Recently Added” words.

A couple years ago there was some discussion about whether Skritter devs would implement some category of “learned” words that can remain in your lists without being banned, but can be marked as learned so they don’t show up in reviews.

Anyway, I know this kind of an incoherent post but I’m just frustrated with Skritter lack of functionality and it feels like there’s been minimal improvement to the app now that I’m nearing my two year anniversary. Obviously this is data that can be stored somewhere (and might already be, since there is an Activity Feed) but how come there’s no way to pull up a historic Activity Feed so you can quickly see your all the words added to your vocabulary list from, say, two weeks ago?

I tried to search on these forums and found only a topic from Jun 2019. So in the 4 years since then, nothing has changed in how to help users be able to review recently added words…?

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! I have passed this feedback on to the rest of the team. These types of features are not in our current pipeline, but it is definitely something that we will consider in the future. We believe that this would be something nice to have in My Words.

The deck and deck section review on the mobile apps may help in the meantime. These are a great way to cut through the noise of a large queue and focus on certain decks and vocabulary. Thanks again for your feedback and let us know if you have any other questions.

This is not a solution to the problem as presented, but in response to the proposed to solution. One could, I think, create a new Skritter deck to hold future vocabulary, let’s call it “My Cumulative Word Entries.” Section one might be titled “Words from the first week of September, 2023.” Second section is then “Words from the second week of September, 2023.” In the mobile app you can, I think, review just the first section/week, just the second section, or the whole deck, consisting of both sections. At the risk of stating the obvious if you choose to review only the second week you are ignoring the benefits of SRS review of the first week, but maybe by the time you are ready to review you have decided that the words in the first week are not that important any more.

One limitation here is that you cannot study more than one section of a deck at a time, unless of course you are studying the entire deck. So in the example above, after you have separate sections of the “Cumulative Words” deck for each of the first three weeks, you could not study sections two and three simultaneously while ignoring section one. You could study section three and then section two separately, but again that might not be optimal use of the SRS system.