New to character learning? We wanna work with you!

Hey all!

We’re looking for a few students who are relatively new to character learning, and willing to participate in a pilot program for a course we’re currently producing. Ideally, you’re a student who has learned less than 100 individual characters. Self-taught, or in a classroom doesn’t really matter much, but the earlier you are in the learning journey the better!

The course will be around 15 episodes and cover ~100 characters (selected from the 1000 most common characters). Each episode is roughly five minutes long, and we’ll also have some follow-up questions/feedback sessions to ask you along the way

We’re still working out the details for how the pilot program will take place, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on finding a few people to participate.

If you’re interested, please drop a comment below or shoot us an email at team@skritter.com, and we’ll be in touch.

Thanks!

-Jake

Note: this character course and all other courses we make on Skritter will be included in general Skritter subscription. So, even if you’re not a part of the pilot program, you’ll all get access soon enough. We can’t wait to share it with you all!

3 Likes

Must they be existing or potential skritter users?

We are primarily looking for people who are already using Skritter, as this course will be integrated into the app and this is one of the things we want to explore. That being said, we’re at this point just looking for potential participants, so please shoot us an email anyway! Please include some brief introduction and background with Chinese (or lack thereof). :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you define new? I’m about 750 characters deep but would love to help out if I’d be considered eligible.

Thanks for your interest! After a little bit of discussion with Olle, we’re currently trying to gather feedback from students who’ve learned 100 characters or less, if possible. I think you’re going to really enjoy this course, too. However, with 750 characters under your belt your understanding of some of the concepts being covered will be very different than a zero-beginner, or a student with very limited character learning background.

Fear not, after the pilot is done we will be getting this thing ready for everyone on Skritter to use!

-Jake

Is this open to learners of either Traditional or Simplified?

Yes, we cover both throughout the course.

Hi, I just started late last month. I’ve learned 20 characters so far. I use the app on a tablet. I’m interested in participating. Thanks

1 Like

It sounds like you’re right in the target group for this course! I was able to fish out your username and have added you to my list of people to invite once we’re ready for the test round!

Hi, is the pilot still open?

I am at 34 characters, following the Skritter Chinese 101 deck (planning to move on to HSK afterwards).

@SkritterOlle looking for one more?

1 Like

It is! In fact, it’s not ready yet, so testing hasn’t started yet. I have added you to the list of users to invite once the pilot is ready!

1 Like

Another rookie here if you need one. US Eastern time zone BTW, prefer traditional characters (all of which probably make no difference to you).

2 Likes

@acmepost Welcome! We’ll make sure @SkritterOlle adds you to the list and reaches out! Good timing, we only have a few episodes left to draft, and we’ve already started the editing process.

First peak today was pretty incredible if I’m honest, and it was just the intro!

1 Like

I have added you to my list of users to invite once the pilot is ready!