Review and Learn in one place (Old app behavior?)

When I used Skritter before, years ago, a study session went something like this: You work through your reviews and then when the reviews got low enough Skritter would introduce a few new cards until you hit your auto-add limit. It was all automatic and happened seamlessly in one place. Is there any way to get this behavior in the current app? Or does anyone know which version of the app I’d need to downgrade to to get it back?

The new behavior, as far as I’ve been able to determine (please correct me if I’m wrong), is you review characters in the Due screen, and then you exit that, click out of the summary screen, click on one of your decks, hit learn, study those characters, while keeping mental track of how many you’ve studied (because it doesn’t show you at the top of the screen) and stop on your own when you reach your limit. It doesn’t seem like auto-add does anything anymore (And I can’t even find it in the app, only on the website)

I get that the new way is more flexible and may be better suited to people using Skritter in a classroom setting, but for my self study it’s a little cumbersome. I can handle that though, the problem is I am using a second account for my 7 year old son who is in an immersion program. It’s hard to get him to study and it’s just too much to have him do all the steps the new way requires. What would work for him is if I could say, “please study until that number is zero” (or better yet, “please study until Skritter tells you you are done for now”. I imagine a little happy Skritter “you did it!” would help with a feeling of achievement and a positive association with getting his studies done)

If there is a way to do this, please let me know. If there isn’t, please consider adding it back in in a future version.

Thanks so much!

I think the last time it was addressed was here:

Thanks for your feedback! There is no way to get this behavior in the current app. Jake’s response in the forum post that Apomixis shared explains why they decided to change this up in the new app. We really recommend sticking to the newer app, since the team is continuously working to make improvements to this version. If you end up using the older app, it is very likely that you will run into some bugs.

Yes, that’s correct. However, if you have the notifications turned on then you should receive a small message that says “Goal achieved” once you have hit your daily goal for reviews and once you have learned the number of cards for your daily learned goal. You can set a daily goal in the top right-hand corner of the app on the home screen.

I can see how it would be beneficial for some if this notification was a little more flashy like the daily streak one. I will pass this feedback on to the rest of the team! Let us know if you have any other questions.