Skritter 2.0 Beta is up and we're looking for feedback!

Seems to work fine, but the things stopping me using this for regular studying are raw squigs and hiding pinyin/definition. On the plus side, it works much better with my wacom than the flash.

@ddapore99 @Catherine I have created tasks for both the hidden mnemonics and raw squigs option. Looking at my queue of stuff Iā€™d say theyā€™ll make it in the Tuesday build at the latest.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great to hear.

@ddapore99 @Catherine Iā€™ve just uploaded the first commits for both of those functionalities.

Thanks, Iā€™ve given it a go this morning. Itā€™s really helpful to have raw squigs, so thanks for getting it up and running! Iā€™m looking forward to the hide pinyin function next :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, is it deliberate that you canā€™t go backwards, e.g. to correct an automatic grade given to the first character of a word?

And I wonder if itā€™s already been discussed but the default font is weird for the tone marks, see below:

I think itā€™s the first itā€™s been discussed on the forum, but itā€™s been an issue weā€™ve been discussing internally for awhile now. It stems from the fonts in our new design not properly supporting those tone characters. It turns out that not too many fonts weā€™d want to use do. I guess we should probably just bit the bullet and use an slightly uglier font for displaying pinyin because itā€™ll probably be less ugly that the current weird bolding that is happening.

Weā€™re branching this thread topic out into a separate category for better organization. Feel free to head over to the Skritter 2.0 Beta category and create your own topics.

https://discourse.skritter.com/c/skritter-2-0-beta

1 Like