Skritter Newsletter (Please Confirm Subscription)

Hello,

Received an email with the text below. This seems odd because i think i already receive the newsletter monthly so I wonder if this is a phishing attempt or some sort of reset done on the newsletter.

The text in the email is:

Skritter Newsletter
Please Confirm Subscription

If you received this email by mistake, simply delete it. You won’t be subscribed if you don’t click the confirmation link above.
For questions about this list, please contact:

team@skritter.com

1 Like

yeah I wondered the same thing.

I’m already subscribed to the newsletter.

Hi! That’s from us. We’re switching to MailChimp’s double opt-in system, and as part of that we’re sending out confirmation emails through MailChimp to the existing newsletter recipients. If you’d like to keep receiving the newsletter, simply click the button provided in the email, otherwise you won’t receive them anymore.

Was there a time limit? Because I get an error message when I click the link provided in the mail.

Hmm, there shouldn’t have been. You might try clicking the link again, or unsubscribing and resubscribing through one of the Skritter clients. Perhaps MailChimp was having a temporary issue. I see that you still require confirmation for your newsletter subscription.

We’ve also created a MailChimp form that you can use to subscribe directly, rather than going through the site or one of the clients.

I’ve just tried it again and this times it worked. Must have been some temporary server hiccup.

1 Like