Statistics around character study success rate

It would be amazing if there was a chart in the stats section that would should success rate per word study, with a possibility of sorting by worst/best, as well as the ability to add the words with the worst success rate to a custom deck or some other collection that would allow to focus on them. I know there’s already some solutions for studying words we make the most mistakes on, but perhaps unifying this data into one chart would help reduce tech debt around statistics.

4 Likes

I like the idea of being able to add words to a custom list! The SRS system will show you the words you get wrong more frequently in your Due Cards. So you should be seeing the words with the lowest success rates more often during your review sessions. There is currently the option to star words in the “i” section. So one option right now would be to star the words you want to review even more. You can find them by going to My Words and then toggling on the Starred.

1 Like

I ended up building something to tell me my most challenging characters. The idea behind it was that I’d be able to spend some time looking at how I remember those characters rather than relying on visual memory.

It was useful initially, but I haven’t found a way to include the recency of mistaken recall. So characters I used to get wrong in the past still show up in my list of challenging characters even though I have now mastered them.

2 Likes

I was thinking about something that would allow to drill down from the Stats page:

You would click on the Retention %, for example, and it would lead to a graph/table with all the learned characters listed, with respective retention %. Then, you’d be able to filter by time period, or have a time series graphic that would show progressive success rate over time when you select one or multiple character.

I understand if this is not in the plans, but just wanted to put the FR out there in case some time in the future you decide to circle back. :slight_smile:

1 Like