Too many due cards

Hi,
I’m struggling with a huge backlog of due cards (over 8k). I’m using Skritter for a few years now and in the previous version of the app i managed to keep my due cards at 0, but something must have changed and now it’s steadily increasing and that’s a bit demotivating.
Is there a way to do some kind of soft reset?
For instance: i have a deck of 500 cards, but it’s counted as over 2000 due cards.
Any advice how to deal with it?

Hi JanTea,

Here is an article about how Skritter’s SRS system schedules the Due Cards: Skritter’s SRS.

There is a reset option. Here is everything that you would lose if you were to reset your account:

What is Deleted:

• Your words
  • All your progress
  • Your lists on the practice page

What is Not Deleted:

• Your custom lists
  • Your forum posts
  • Your stars, mnemonics, and custom definitions

If you do not want to reset your account, then I would recommend taking a short break from learning new words in order to get your queue lower. During this time, you could have isolated review sessions for specific card types. For example, you could review the definition cards first, then the tone cards, and so on. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the reply. I know about the reset option, but that’s too hardcore for me. Mainly because i would lose all my progress.
I have been taking a break from adding new words for about 4 months and tried to lower my due cards, but could only go down to 5k.
I’m now marking many words as easy in hope to reduce the amount.
It would be nice to have a soft reset, which would keep the progress and words, but would reset the due cards to a manageable amount.
Or to have some kind of sleeping mode for specific lists. I don’t want to have HSK1 words added to my due cards while i want to focus on HSK5. (Yes, i know, i could study the list separately)

Such a soft reset would really mess with the scheduling of words and, provided that you haven’t kept up with the vocabulary outside of Skritter, lead to a drastic decrease in retention rate, which would in the long-term lead to even more reviews.

Some things to try:

1. Ban things you already know well
  2. Don’t add things unless you really need them
  3. Set a high but reasonable goal and start chipping away at the queue
  4. Ignore the total due count and study selected decks (the select more and more decks as you get them under control)

I wrote some more things about a similar situation here that might be helpful:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.