What to study after HSK6?

I am slowly approaching a situation where I have completed the HSK6 word list and I wonder what next? What word list would you recommend to someone that has gone through HSK1 - HSK6 (+ some special lists)? Or should I try to add traditional characters to my learning set, so far I have only studied simplified

First off, congratulations. That’s awesome. :boom: My advice would be to continue reviewing HSK6, and then make a custom deck of words you pick up while reading/watching stuff, and personalize your vocabulary around things you’re interested in so you can talk about your passions in Chinese.

4 Likes

Gwilym has the best advice.

But if you still want to proactively study/acquire more general-use vocabulary, you could check out the TOCFL lists. By the top level, they contain ~3000 more words than HSK. In practice, I’ve noticed when The Chairman’s Bao uses a word that isn’t in the HSK, quite often the word will be covered by the TOCFL (for example, the article I just read had 12 non-HSK words, but 7 or 8 of those were in the TOCFL).

3 Likes

New or old HSK 6? Because as someone who sat and passed the new HSK 6 its basically a walk in the park compared to the old HSK. I would study the old HSK decks as they’re much more challenging

2 Likes