Writing frequency vs other parts

I started on skritters free iOS version today, and I’m already confused by the logic of what it puts in my queue. As far as I can tell i finished the tutorial section where it gave an example of writing, definition, tone and pinyin. Thereafter it seemed to only add new writing tests. The single pinyin/tone/definition would come round in turn big not any new ones. I checked the FAQ and made sure the four types of test were switched on in my account and the review page. I deleted local data and logged back in, then it seemed to start adding new ones, but now the definitions, tones and pinyin don’t match the writing tests, they seem to cover different vocab now. I was hoping to get a slowly growing set of characters and words, and have a roughly even split of writing/def/tone/pinyin. I was expecting to see the same characters in all four categories, so I could learn the pronunciations at the same time as the writing.
Does this sound like a bug or am I just misinterpreting the settings?

Hi @rfairey!

You would only get an even number of reviews split between the four parts if your success rate with each of those parts to review was the same. Since the system is an SRS, you should be seeing more reviews of items you’ve had less success with versus those that you have. It sounds pretty accurate that you would see more writing prompts versus the others, since the other prompt types are typically more easy to recall than writing prompts. I’m not sure what to make of how you are seeing reviews that are covering different vocab however. You can hop on the “My words” page at: www.skritter.com/vocab/mywords to see all of your recent reviews-- if you click on a word you can see it’s scheduling information including when it was last studied, your success rate, and when it’s due next. You could also browse through the contents of your lists to see what has been added, and what will be added next. If checking these it should hopefully fall in line with what’s been added and what is being reviewed.