3.6.X Beta Release Megathread

Great! And they’re accessed through the info panel, depending on the cards?

….never mind, I just checked, they are clearly in the info panel.

Mind you, you are still calling them “notes” there.

…. Just took a look at your notes for grammatical uses of 了. This is the clearest, simplest explanation I have ever seen. Congratulations to whoever wrote this! Made it clearer in my head than ever.

Dr. Maria Mar (馬老師) leads the charge on writing these for social media and for the app. The extended cut of that learning tip is on our blog complete with an A4 infographic.

It would appear that the “Notes” to “Learning Tips” rebrand will be happening in the 3.7.0 release. I keep jumping between internal builds and beta builds and my brain is getting mixed up.

1 Like

Gwilym’s blog on the uses of 了 goes into even more detail, even more clear. Now I’ve stuck the English words “finished,” “continuing,” and “but now…” in my head. Thanks for this.

1 Like

3.6.4 Patch Release out on iOS and Android. It fixes a pesky bug preventing some items from being studied on a few decks and we didn’t want to wait till we’re back in the office on Tuesday.

Happy studying!

I’ve just noticed something new - is it deliberate?

During review, when I tap back through cards I’ve finished reviewing (to check a mnemonic or something else that occurs to me later), I can only go back one card. So much so that I can’t even get to the first card in the two-character word I just did. The back arrow is just grey.

This doesn’t seem like an improvement.

Hey y’all,

Today I was a couple hundred reviews in and the app screen went all white before showing the following screen. This is the same screen that used to appear when I would forget about Skritter mid-review and and come back to find it had timed out. This time it happened while I was actively using it and I had the app open and active for the whole review.

Weirdly, though the interrupted session does not show in the activity feed, it seems like the cards reviewed are still accounted for.

PS: no longer getting the doubled pronunciation, so the update from a few days ago seems to have fixed that

1 Like

I am getting the exact same problem, everything you described, except that for me it has been happening for about a month now, every couple of days.

It tends to happen towards the end of a review of about 100 words or more, compiled from a number of different lists.

When I do shorter lists or single lists, it doesn’t happen.

It also is not triggered by some faulty card - when it happens, it is never after the same card.

Same: the stats seem to go through alright in the end, even though I get a results report the same as your screenshot.

1 Like

Forgot about the rejuvenation bug and rejuvenated a couple of decks. Then it was wheel of death for several hours, so I logged out and then back in. That solved the rejuvenation issue (decks loaded for review again), but now my progress page went blank.

Edit: the blank page now loads stats again the next day

@mrclwlf @Therebackagain thanks for the report! We’ve gotten several reports of those over the past few weeks and are looking into this issue. In the latest patch version 3.6.4 we included some additional logging that will hopefully help us uncover what is causing this issue. The silver lining to the bug is that it should still save the progress completed from the point you get kicked out of the review activity. Hoping to have this fixed up in the next release.

@mrclwlf might need to look into your account a little more closely. It might be easier if you reach out to us at team@skritter.com with some more details about the decks you tried rejuvenating so that we can focus in on your account specifically.

This seems to be happening more often than before. Daily, now, for me, and today it happened twice.

Thanks for the update! We’re still making tweaks to see if we can get this patched up. It’s taking more time than we would like because we’re flying a bit blind in being able to consistently reproduce the issue.

2 Likes

Yes, I can find nothing consistent to report. It happens on different words, different lists, at different points in the review.

1 Like

FWIW @Therebackagain, I deactivated auto-advance on @josh ’s advice, and it hasn’t happened to me since in several thousand reviews.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @mrclwlf!

1 Like