When will HSK 3.0 vocabulary lists make into the app?

I’d really like to start my practice from the ground up with the HSK 3.0 specification but there aren’t any word lists for it in the app, I’ve seen mentions of the new vocabulary list online and I believe i heard the words just haven’t been sorted into their proper levels yet, is there an estimated time when this will all be put together?

We’re working on this currently and will have it ready as soon as we can!

1 Like

@jkmcameron. This article speculates quite a bit, but is the best summary of what is known today about HSK3.0 that I have run across.

I’m slowly auditing an HSK 3.0 internal use document we made that has the 11k+ items likely to be in the HSK 3.0 system. It’s not split into all the levels yet, but it’ll give us a very starting point once the new materials/lists come out.

Once the audit is done, we’ll make sure that we’ve got all the audio recorded for the items, and start filling in the gaps on any missing example sentences (starting from the lowest levels first).

My audit is going well, but it is a lot to slog through. I’m currently 11.29% done with all of it and trying to make daily progress if I can.

5 Likes

If that helps with the motivation, I fell off my Skritter learning early this year (due to various factors influenced by covid). I resetted my account and I am waiting for HSK 3.0 to start again from scratch.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, where are you with HSK 3.0? Thanks!

It’s currently not a priority task anymore as more recent news indicates the test won’t be revised for another year or two (see: New HSK Test: Changes and Updates You've Got to Know about HSK 3.0 - ImproveMandarin). My guess is they didn’t expect COVID to happen in their original release timeline.

1 Like

I am 34.5% done with my audit, btw. We’re still going to finish up the audit and start making content on our end, but I’m slowing down my pace a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes