When will HSK 3.0 vocabulary lists make into the app?

I’m very curious, if any one knows, what is the individual character count for these new HSK lists?

The first has over 700 words, and the second over 1000, but how many characters does that involve?

Sheer curiosity here.

How appropriate the new levels are, how far along one’s personal progress gets you now, how well were they designed.

No interest in the actual exams. It’s just another measure.

The official published Hanban table says 300 chars per level for HSK 1 to 6, but the listed word-count in the table doesn’t match what you are stating for the non-Official Skritter lists above.

The source doc breaks them down into BOTH separate character and word lists (and actually there is a third category of “written” characters leveled as High/Medium/Low instead of 1-9) and lists them all (1 to 300 for each level…except 7-9 which is one group of 1200 characters). Perhaps the lists posted earlier decompose and include all characters and words in the same list.

1 Like

Yes, my apologies. I was looking at the number of words when both traditional and simplified versions are included. The lists make clear what the word count is (500 for level 1 and 772 for level 2.)

Thanks for the character count!

1 Like

Is there any way to update this list? It’s based on HSK 1.0. I love me some Heisig, but this is way out of date.

Update; So, I found this updated(HSK2.0) list for Pleco, and am currently trying to figure out how to import it into Skritter.

Update: I’m copy/pasting the vocab through the legacy edition of Skritter. Will make public when it’s finished.

Book 1

Book 2

1 Like

Dear Skritter Team,
will these HSK 2021 lists be also available in the frequency order like the current ones?

I believe so.

1 Like

Yes, that will be our default sorting.

1 Like

Audit is done and we’re getting decks sorted into frequency and sections. We’re also preparing some special decks for the handwriting portion of the tests and using the same sorting methods for those.

We’ll have a blog post out and lots of links once it’s all done.

Thanks for all your patience on this stuff. There is a lot to tackle, but we’re excited to get all this stuff on Skritter soon enough.

-Jake

7 Likes

Hello,
I know you’re very busy with the new skritter beta, but is there any news regarding the new vocabulary?
It might have already been discussed elsewhere in the forum, I’m sorry if that’s the case.
Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

We’re working on that in parallel! They should be ready when the new policy document takes effect, i.e. July 1st. Jake and I are working on auditing, sorting and presenting them in a way that is as helpful as possible; we don’t want to just dump data directly into the app, which is why it’s not already available!

2 Likes

Great!
Thanks a lot for your reply :slight_smile:

We’re getting close everyone. Here’s a little sneak peek of one of the new decks coming to Skritter. And yes, those characters in the BG are part of the deck. Flavor win!

3 Likes

@SkritterJake Please just do not use the word “new” in the main title of the HSK 3.0 lists. If you search the “all user” Skritter lists for HSK, so, so, so, so, so many say “new HSK”, where “new” means 2012……that’s 9 years ago….ANCIENT! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We hear ya. These are working titles.

I’m also pretty sure we need to throw an alert up for people when they copy decks. No need to publish everything you’re making in Skritter if the list already exists. But that’s a job for another day.

3 Likes

Decks are now live and ready for study! Thread with all the links can be found here.

You can learn all about the HSK 3.0 over on the Skritter Blog.

1 Like

Yes! I see them. They are not listed on the “featured” list though. After searching the “browse” for the decks for HSK, I had to scroll down to the bottom of the search results to see them. The old 2012 HSK decks come up first.

Perhaps they should be emphasized?

Not quite sure if they should be emphasized just yet. Trying to take the pulse from everyone over the next few days and go from there since the current HSK 2.0 is still the standard for HSK 1-6 for the foreseeable future.

I think we should merge future conversations about HSK into HSK 3.0 thread I opened since the question of “when will HSK 3.0 vocabulary lists make it into the app?” has been answered :slight_smile:

New HSK decks are now on Skritter. You can keep the discussion about HSK decks going over here: https://forum.skritter.com/t/hsk-3-0-2021-study-decks-now-on-skritter

:slight_smile: